Great Glen Trails in Gorham, NH is opening their Nordic ski network to fat bikes this Friday from 4 pm to 8 pm – for FREE. This is a great chance to tour their network and show them that fat bikers are a legitimate & responsible user group. Conditions should be perfect. Go get some!
Our 2013 trail maintenance work is complete. We got a lot of great work accomplished, such as:
- May 19th – High School Loop; 13 folks showed and did a nice relocation of a nasty kink. Check it out!
- June 16th – Red Tail Trail; 14 people buffed out the ever popular Red Tail.
- July 27th & 28th – 13th annual trailbuilding weekend at Echo Lake State Park & WMNF; 37 people showed up and did some great work on lower Stony Ridge and behind Echo Lake.
- August 18th – Albany Town Forest; 19 people helped build a fun new trail.
- September 22nd – Cranmore; a dozen people built a new access trail to get from Cranmore south towards Sticks & Stones.
Our mission is to advocate for mountain biking opportunities and create & maintain trails in the eastern White Mountains of New Hampshire. Our accomplishments so far are significant and speak for themselves. We rely on a group effort to get things done and to make our activities and events successful.
The chapter has a schedule of activities including weekly trail work and rides to suit all levels. Check the links on the right for descriptions of planned rides, meeting notes, a group calendar and other events. To be notified of activity on one of the postings, be sure to subscribe to the post.
While you are out enjoying the local trails, keep in mind that a dedicated group of people spend much of their spare time caring for them. Your input and involvement is critical to our continued success; we can’t fulfill your needs unless we know what you want. Please join NEMBA today and identify WMNEMBA as your local chapter. Your assistance will make a difference.
If you have any other suggestions to improve our trails, our communication, or our membership please let us know!